We are hiring a Visual Designer.
Permanent (full-time) contract
Salary – £22k
Competitive Benefits Package including Private medical insurance and generous pension contribution.
Based at The Innovation Centre, Belfast (subject to ongoing COVID-19 restrictions & guidance)
Closing date is Monday 23rd November 2020 at 12pm.
Our Vision for Northern Ireland
A community of innovators so powerful that its people can change the world.
We are a force for good, bold in our approach, with integrity at our core, and passionate in everything we do.
Responsible for the creation of appealing visual design materials, working closely with the Marketing Department, and wider Catalyst Team. The successful applicant will use their visual design working knowledge and creativity to produce high-quality assets for social media channels, print, websites, events and email campaigns, applying a consistent approach.
1. Developing and executing creative design ideas and visual solutions to meet business objectives
2. Exceptional visual storyteller with the ability to create a wide range of high-quality engaging design components such as graphic ads for social media channels, graphics for use in email marketing campaigns, presentations, posters, flyers, brochures, digital screens, and any other necessary marketing collateral.
3. Providing input into the way the entire organisation approaches design projects and advising on potential improvements and amendments.
4. Working as an integral part of the Marketing team to design compelling visual concepts and new ideas.
5. Support Marketing team colleagues by assisting with content creation for social media platforms and website.
6. Ensuring all media assets are centrally stored and accessible when required.
7. Collaborating and communicating with internal teams to define their visual design requirements.
8. Ensuring that design work is aligned with other methods of communication across the organisation.
9. Liaising with third party suppliers (e.g. printers).
10. Keep abreast of current and new developments in web communications in digital and print media and all relevant areas.
– Degree in Graphic Design & Illustration, Visual Communication, or related field.
– Proven work experience as a Visual Designer, Graphic Designer, UI Designer or similar role.
– Proficiency Adobe Creative Suite (InDesign, Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat).
– Experience creating engaging branded content for print, online platforms, and social media.
– Able to work independently and proactively following a brief.
– Proven experience collaborating with internal and external stakeholders to create a design solution.
– A creative flair and technical ability.
– A passion and enthusiasm for good design.
– A passion for creating designs that inspire, engage and excite them.
– Ability to prioritise tasks and meet deadlines while working on team & individual projects.
– Excellent communication skills and ability to articulate the rationale behind your work to multiple stakeholders.
– Proof of right to work in the UK
– On occassions to work evenings and weekends for events
Criteria may be enhanced to aid shortlisting. Exceptional candidates who do not meet the criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.