Applications for this job have now closed
Deadline: October 30, 2022
Have a question?
The role of Project Administrator will be responsible of supporting activities of the Strategic Business Development team as they develop and implement open innovation programs and activity.
- Contract – Fixed term ending 31st March 2023
- Salary up to £25,000 depending on qualifications/experience
- Based in either Belfast or Derry/Londonderry (hybrid working arrangement available)
- Reporting to the Director of Strategic Business Development
- Closing 30th October 2022 at 12 noon
- Competitive Benefits Package
- Generous pension contribution
- Generous life assurance policy
- Enhanced parental leave packages
- Free open access to company organised events
- Free parking onsite
Catalyst is an independent, not for profit organisation. We work for the greater good to build a connected innovation community in an entrepreneurial ecosystem throughout Northern Ireland.
The epicentre of Northern Ireland’s tech sector, we provide everything that innovators and entrepreneurs need to reach higher and succeed faster – a home, business support, connected networks and much more besides.We invest, pro bono, all surplus profits from our property portfolio into nurturing a community-led innovation ecosystem that supports over 900 start-ups, entrepreneurs, and innovators so they can grow, scale and flourish.
Diversity and Inclusion at Catalyst
Diversity and inclusion aren’t boxes to tick on a CSR list. At Catalyst, they’re part of our DNA, lived, breathed, seen, and heard across our community, projects, and co-working spaces.
We not only want to foster and empower a culture of innovation, but also an environment where people can be their true, authentic self and thrive, and we’re proud to be recognised by the Diversity Charter for achieving Bronze status, which is the first step as we progress to Gold.
As an equal opportunity employer, we recruit based solely on the individual’s ability to perform the role, and that’s allowed us to create an inclusive workplace which celebrates the diversity of our teams and community.
Working at Catalyst
Catalyst is Northern Ireland’s most exciting employer. With a strong purpose of creating world class innovation communities in Northern Ireland, this is a workplace brimming with ambition to create social, cultural, and economic advantage.
- To develop, co-ordinate and organise meetings and events to support development of Open Innovation programs and services.
- To ensure alignment of Open Innovation Team schedules to ensure co-ordination of activity.
- To support the Open Innovation Program development with the preparation of documents, briefing papers, reports and presentations relevant to the Project.
- Working with the Open Innovation Leads to identify and engage potential cluster focused partner organisations, industry or research bodies to co-run events, workshops or knowledge exchange.
- To participate in a variety of meetings, workshops/events, and/or trainings for the purpose of providing or receiving information, recording minutes, and capturing project insights.
- To assist in the communication and promotion of the Catalyst Open Innovation programme of activity to tenants, partners and potential collaborative organisations or clusters.
- Provide support for desktop research to scope collaborative R&D project proposals and funding opportunities.
- Regular reporting toDirector of Strategic Business Development.
- Undertaking any other reasonable duties which fall within the remit of the role.
- Experience in an office environment
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office, e.g., Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- Strong interpersonal Skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- Problem Solving skills
- Excellent communication skills both orally and in writing
- Excellent organisational skills
- A team player
- Educated to Degree level
- Proof of right to work in the UK
Criteria may be enhanced to aid shortlisting. Exceptional candidates who do not meet the criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.